Benefits Eligible Employees
You are considered a benefits eligible employee at the University of Kansas if you are appointed to a regular position that is 48% or greater FTE (Full Time Equivalent). Full-time and part-time employees are eligible for benefits:
- Full-time: You are considered a full-time employee if your appointment in a regular position is 75% or greater FTE.
- Part-time: You are considered a part-time employee if your appointment in a regular position is 48% to less than 75% FTE.
Please note that full time employees pay a smaller heath insurance premium than part time employees. Refer to the health insurance premium information for your respective rates.
Employees Holding Combined Appointments
If you are appointed to more than one position, your benefits eligibility is based on the combined FTE for all regular positions.
Benefit Programs Offered
Benefits eligible employees can participate in all of the following benefits programs:
- State Employee Health Plan (SEHP) includes health insurance, dental coverage, supplemental vision plans, prescription drug coverage, dependent and health care flexible spending accounts, and a health savings or health reimbursement account associated with the Plan C medical insurance plan.
- Mandatory retirement.
- Death and disability.
- Basic and optional group life insurance. '
- Voluntary insurance plans through Colonial Life such as accident, cancer, critical illness and hospital confinement indemnity insurance.
If you are not benefits eligible, you may be eligible for coverage under the SEHP if you meet eligibility requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). For more information on the Affordable Care Act, please visit ACA & KU Employees.