The ADA Resource Center for Equity and Accessibility works to promote diversity and inclusion through fostering an open, accessible and inclusive learning and working environment. We strive to create and maintain a campus free of all barriers. We provide regularly scheduled events to promote camaraderie and inclusion of individuals with disabilities throughout our campus community.
Welcome to the ADA Resource Center for Equity and Accessibility at the University of Kansas. We are so excited to have you join our community. We provide individuals with disabilities access to a wealth of campus and community resources, expertise on accessibility, employment accommodations, and offer a sense of community.
ADA Resource Center for Equity and Accessibility collaborates with KU units to provide accommodations for faculty, staff, and student employees, coordinates accessibility compliance functions, provides training and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act, develops student, staff and faculty advocacy for campus-wide accessibility, and fosters an inclusive community.
Empowering a community of excellence.
Our Vision ……
To create a campus climate that will sustain attention to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the spirit in which it was designed through:
- Removing Barriers
- Embracing Universal Design
- Ensuring reasonable workplace accommodations for students, employees and prospective employees
- Ensuring accommodations for campus visitors
- Promoting disability cultural competence
- Going above and beyond minimal ADA compliance
- Encouraging KU community members with disabilities to be self-advocates
- Weaving disability considerations into all layers of KU’s fabric
- Encouraging KU community members to be pro-actively inclusive